Lab 12: Electron Configuration Battleship


Setup   
Partner's Board 
My board 

Biggest Challenge
The biggest challenge that we had during this was communicating our element targets using electron configuration only, for we had to come up with the configuration for the other person, and we also had to interpret the configuration from our opponent. Thus,we had to correctly communicate and interpret the hits. It was especially when we began listing off the exception elements such as gold and silver as well as when we began listing elements that contained an f orbital. 

One Thing I Learned to Do 
  One thing I learned to do is to more strategically place my ships; my partner explained that she placed a ship in a more obvious area because she knew that I would assume that she would not put it in the corner; she knew I thought it was too obvious and that I would avoid it. I also learned how to quickly use the periodic table to find the configuration, and I also honed my electron configuration shorthand skills by through playing this game. 

Comments

Popular Posts